Depending on their areas of expertise, there are different types of security guards who can help both public and private entities and individuals.
Following are the types of security guards and their responsibilities.
1. PERSONAL SECURITY GUARDS: These guards are hired with an eye towards providing fool- proof physical security for their employers ranging from dignitaries to VIPS and celebrities.
2. ARMED SECURITY GUARDS: These guards are armed and are employed in situations where life and property are at stake and their duties include: detecting threats of violence, possessing licensed weapons with appropriate fire-arm training and taking complete responsibility of client safety.
3. BUSINESS SECURITY GUARDS: These security guards safeguard corporate assets, technological innovations and proprietary business formulas in businesses, shopping malls, factories, hospitals and private organisations.
4. RESIDENTIAL SECURITY GUARDS: These guards are responsible for the safety of residential buildings like apartments, convalescent homes for the elderly and other residential areas. Their responsibilities include: Patrol the area and detect criminal behaviour and be friendly towards residents.
5. IMPORTANCE OF OUTSOURCING SECURITY SERVICE: Whether you are looking to hire short-term or long-term security personnel, outsourcing will greatly benefit your business by cutting costs, minimizing risk, alleviating administration burdens, and increasing flexibility.