Women are empowered by society as well as legally, simply speaking some basic rights that are universal applied to both genders but specifically for women include the following:-
• Rights as a woman for dignity and respect that implies no male of any age has the right to make advances at a woman tease or sexually harass her.
• A privilege to respect under all circumstances. No one has the rights to make women uncomfortable, whether at work place, home or on the streets, whether in school, college or in a social gathering.
• Rights to physical and mental security. No one has the rights to use physical force, torture physically or mentally, or coerce women in any way, no matter relationship with that person.
• Privilege to complain. Women have all the rights to complain when violated even in the smallest way. Take advice and adopt the correct course under such circumstances, whatever is the status of the individual, be it boss, relative or a neighborhood bully.
• Rights as a women employee for security by the organization as per Visakha guidelines for prevention of sexual harassment at the workplace.
• Violence physical or mental against women is not her fate as is made out to be in some cases. Dominant behavior is not anyone’s right and not a women’s destiny, thus complaining against the same is in perfect order.