Personal security is an important factor in a person’s life everywhere in the world. This is the protection of individual from both the psychological and physical violence; it ensures the security of human beings without feeling afraid or at risk. Personal security is not just a priority for fragile and conflict-affected contexts, but all settings, whether upper, middle, or lower-income. Personal security reduced crime and invests in violence prevention and reduction. It ensures a secure workplace; this will reduce issues like violence and aggression whether from the employers, the visitors or the public.
Some Personal security tips to keep you safe:-
- Stay in busy, well lit areas. Do not take shortcuts through low-traffic areas.
- Use caution when stopping to give strangers information or directions, especially at night.
- If you suspect you are being followed, change directions, cross the street and go to a busy, well lit area. Report the incident to the police immediately.
- Be alert as you return to your vehicle. If someone is hanging around – leave. Have your keys ready as you approach. Lock your door and keep your windows rolled up.
- Walk with confidence. Show that you are aware and in control. Body language works.