PLN9 Training Division is committed to human resource development by providing relevant and appropriate training to each employee to achieve a high degree of end user satisfaction.
Our team of instructors enjoys sound security back ground as each member has extensive practical experience in the field of security. We are totally committed to train our staff and security guards to cater to the requirements of our clients. We are sanguine that training directly impacts on the behavior and performance of our in house staff. We understand how important it is to our clients that we demonstrate a real understanding of business issues, and that any solutions. We offer be practical, cost effective and designed to make a real, measurable improvement in their work place.
We deal with people, their development, their business and above all their success. Meeting this challenge requires some exceptional people. We are confident of the excellence of our training team. As a new company looking forward to exponential growth, we have a very talented and flexible team of training professionals and staff. Besides this, we have on board a team of highly learned and renowned academicians and professionals, whose valuable advice affords us an edge over the others. We have standard training programme and also have the flexibility to customize the modules to meet clients’ specific requirements, ensuring economy and effectiveness.
We specialize in providing training and consultation to our clients in the following areas:-
A student must feel comfortable and safe at his or her college campus. If not, this will likely lead to poor academic performance and decreased social activity. It is important that both students and faculty are able to focus on their responsibilities. While things usually run smoothly, unexpected circumstances can arise at any time and it is important to have a campus security presence available as a deterrent and a tool for witnessing and documenting activities.
Various sorts of systems may be able to fill the campus security needs. Some of the ways that security can be increased at a campus is to focus on items that include:
- Emergency and crisis preparedness
- Campus police staffing, adult hall monitors, campus guards and instructors trained in basic defense operatives.
- Internal security that covers confidential items like office management and registration paperwork.
- Campus and community collaboration for safety in not only the campus but surrounding neighborhoods.
Diwali is the festival of lights, crackers, and happiness. It is during this time of the year that we find every house, every corner is getting lighted with lamps. Everyone, regardless of their age join in this festival of lights. However, you also come across a lot of incidents regarding accidents taking place during Diwali celebrations. Most of these happen because we are not careful and do not follow the basic safety tips. We can ensure safety during Diwali celebration with these tips:-
- To avoid your clothes getting on fire, it is strictly advised to wear cotton clothes while bursting crackers. You must also ensure that you wear covered shoes to prevent any feet injury.
- Always keep a fire extinguisher in the close proximity of the place where you are bursting crackers. You can also keep buckets of water and sand handy.
- Once the cracker has been completely burnt, remember to dispose of it safely. Put them in a bucket of water or extinguish them by putting sand around them.
- Always keep a first aid kit handy. In case of minor burns or injuries, you can get immediate medical attention.
- It is during this time of the year that we decorate and our houses with candles and diyas. Do ensure that the candles are away from curtains or other inflammable items at home.
After recent inputs from Central intelligence agencies over need for securing metro trains inside underground tunnels, the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) has started a response training program for its quick reaction teams (QRTs). An officer associated with the program said the training which started recently will be completed within three months. The drill is conducted between midnight and 4am when metro operations for the public are closed, he said. Officials said the paramilitary force is conducting the training at different stations every day so that commandos become familiar with most of the existing tunnels.
Recalling challenges faced by commandos during the training, senior officers said the tunnels remain dark and are relatively low on oxygen. “A medical team accompanies the commandos as they move into the tunnel. The tunnel has lights but they are very dim. In any such situation, the entire operation will have to be completed in the dark. Our men are already trained in handling weapons blindfolded,” the officer said.
The CISF men are also being taught how to access a locked metro train from outside. “They will carry specially designed tools which will help them get inside a train,” the officer added. The officer also mentioned that such alerts from intelligence agencies are received in routine to strengthen the existing security perimeter. “It does not concern general commuters. There is no cause for alarm though,” he said
Good customer service is an important part of the job. A security guard is often the face of an institution’s brand. They can be the first and last face a customer sees. Offering good customer service will enhance the reputation of the company. Few tips on how security guards can improve the customer experience:-
Greet Clients with a Smile - A nice, warm smile along with “Hello,” and the Client’s name is a nice start to providing great customer service. It’s said that people absolutely love the sound of their names; with that said, do your best to greet clients by name. If you are not on a first name basis yet, refer to them by their last names or simply “sir” or “ma’am.”
Good Communication Skills - Every security operative needs to communicate effectively whether they deal with the employees of a business or its customers. First and foremost be polite and respectful. Eye contact, hand gestures and tone all play a role in how someone will translate what you say to them.
Get to Know People - Learn the names of employees and customers, it can provide a number of benefits. If you work in an office block, knowing employee’s names will help you build professional relationships with them, make them easier to look up in the business’ phone and email directories and to physically locate employees when necessary.
Make Small Talk - In addition to remembering the names of employees and regular customers, keep a mental note of what you’ve talked about. If it is appropriate, it can be used at a later time as a conversation starter.
Find Solutions to Client’s Issues - If the client has expressed to you that there’s a problem or concern, let the client know that you will go above and beyond to provide a solution. Don’t just say it, really try to find a solution to their problem. As a security guard, your main priority is to protect people, property and information.
With the growing use of technology in all sectors, PSI is no stranger to technological solutions that are giving a new shape to private security services rendered by the companies today. One of the biggest markets in technology segment is the surveillance market and it has tremendous growth prospects globally as well as in India. Technology integration helps in improving the quality of services offered by security companies. Technology integration has clearly benefitted the security industry by improving service delivery. Some of the advantages of this change are: -
- Systems and platforms enable businesses to use the power of the internet to manage the services they provide, dramatically improve communications, maximise operational efficiency, and add significant value to customer relationships. These systems achieve this whilst also bringing significant advantages to individual employees.
- New technology does not just deliver advantages for employers or their customers. Employees also benefit. Their own portal enables them to manage their own time, pay, and performance.
- Customer satisfaction scores can be interrogated in real-time, issues immediately identified, and remedial action taken where required.
There are a lot of technologies available today that can monitor properties for intruders, secure and detect faults and can provide the police with evidence for prosecution. These include alarms (specially designed and adapted so that they run wirelessly) and cameras (capture both day and night, high quality images which can be recorded and saved off site).
Every security assessment project is unique but certain issues are common and seem to come up time and time again. Following are some of the common problems that may exist at your company:
- Employees don't receive formal security awareness training and lack knowledge of the company's security policies and procedures. Employees have not been properly trained on how to deal with events such as workplace violence.
- There is no real support for the company's security program from senior management. Members of the leadership team fail to follow security procedures themselves.
- Employees fail to take basic precautions to protect company-owned and personally-owned assets. Offices, desks and workstations are frequently left unlocked; high-value items such as laptop computers, purses and backpacks are left unsecured.
- Electronic security systems are not thoroughly tested on a regularly scheduled basis.
- There are poor procedures for handling confidential information: sensitive documents are found left lying in unsecured areas.
- There is no good system in place to track thefts, losses and other security incidents: many incidents go unreported, there is no follow-up on incidents.
- There is poor supervision of the contract security guard service used at the company. Too much reliance is placed on the contract security agency.
- There are
gaps in security background check procedures.
Vehicles should adhere to the following minimum security guidelines to ensure safe passage of cash and other valuables:
• Monitoring: Each van should be monitored at all time through a communications protocol. The van should have a GPS installed and also the controlling technology for immobilizing the van whenever required.
• Cash Security: The cash compartment must be specially reinforced with steel, with only one door and should be inaccessible from outside the van unless operated internally by the custodians through levers/controls. Each of the cash boxes must be secured to the floor with separate chains and should have 2 padlocks that can be opened or locked only by using separate keys available with different custodians. Cash for each bank should be carried in a separate box with the name of the bank written on it.
• Incident security: Vans should be equipped with hooters, fire extinguishers etc for quick reaction in case of an attack.
• Armed security guards/Gunmen: One or more armed guard depending on the amount of cash carried and as per individual company’s insurance guidelines/ client contract.
• Minimum cash carrying guideline: Security vans should compulsorily be deployed for carrying cash of value more than Rs. 20 lakhs per trip.
• Maximum cash carrying guideline: Security vans should not carry more than Rs. 5 crores per trip.
The security guards are considered an important part of the organization because these can help you to prevent crime, maintain security and assist the employees and clients. There are lots of benefits of hiring a professional and well-trained security guard. A security guard in the business premises can be the source of peace and a sense of security. You need to remember that the employees are the major part of your organization to increase its productivity and profit. In the environment of fear and tension, they will not be able to do work properly. Some of the strategic ways a security guard can improve company’s productivity:-
- Security Guards are Your First Impression - The role of security guards have gone beyond standing by the door, they now perform some ‘hospitality’ role. Security guards now greet and welcome customers. If you have a hostile and unprofessional security guard you are already helping your customer make the decision of not buying from you.
- Security Guards help you to be Accountable - The presence of security guards serves as a visible deterrent to criminals and protection of your customers’ assets each time they patronise you. Should there be any case of theft your security team would give information that would help the police carry out an effective investigation.
- Punctuality at the Workplace- For a business to be at it optimum, it needs its staff to be punctual at days of work. Diligence in the punctuality of staffs is another task the modern security guards are saddled with. They manage the businesses access log-book, keep records of visitors and staff while noting the time and the purpose of visit for visitors and staffs.
- Build Trust in the Mind of Your Customers - Everyone wants to do business where the
safety of their lives and property are guaranteed. Customers would trust you
more when you show concern by providing them with adequate security.
Not Observant of Your Surroundings -This is a key mistake that is often made, not being observant of wherever you find yourself. Observing your immediate environment in a relaxed and positive manner can alert you to any potential threat to prevent.
Not Adopting Practical Safety Measures - Being informed on practical safety measures is one thing, adopting and applying such preventive measure is another thing; this where people miss it. And such a mistake can definitely threaten your safety. So, avoiding this mistake by adopting and applying practical safety measures like the ones discussed above will reduce your exposure to risks, threats and dangers.
Not Committed to Your Safety - Being committed to your safety is fundamental to staying safe at all times. But, failing to have a strong commitment to preserving your safety will put your life at greater risk. Therefore, be committed to your safety by being informed and at alert at all times.
Not Trusting and Acting on Your Instinct - Trusting and possibly acting on your instinct can keep you safe against any potential danger. On the contrary, not trusting your instinct whenever a sense of any danger is felt can put your life at higher risk. Therefore, be sure to trust and act on your instinct if you pick up a bad feeling from someone, or if you feel a sense of threat or danger, act on it.
Not Having a Safety Network - Not having a safety network of trusted people who could provide support and advice whenever you feel concerned of your personal safety can make you vulnerable to any potential risk and threat. So, developing a safety network of trusted people that may include family, friends, colleagues or even the police can become a safety net whenever your personal safety feels threatened.
The Central Industrial Security Force has launched a new electronic surveillance control room and security helpline number -- 155655 -- for Delhi Metro commuters. The new helpline number will be integrated with the smart surveillance system that has been installed at the new command centre, named operational control centre-I (OCC-1). “The new helpline will facilitate metro commuters by providing them one-stop solutions for all their security and safety queries and complaints” said CISF spokesperson Assistant Inspector General (AIG) Hemendra Singh, adding, “The helpline personnel will provide first-hand information on metro operations as well as of nearby areas.” “The control room is equipped with internet protocol, intercom system and hotline connecting to DMRC, the existing control room at Barakhambha and Delhi Police,” he said.
The modern control room will monitor 94 stations out of 206 stations on the yellow, red, pink and magenta lines through more than 5,300 CCTV cameras. The control room is equipped with internet protocol, intercom system and hotline connecting to DMRC, the existing control room at Barakhambha Rd. and Delhi Police HQ.
A skyscraper facade plays an important part and it has not only to look good but also has to be cleaned on regular basis. Cleaning skyscraper facade is a very challenging task as it requires safe and right access equipment. Most of the developed countries have regulations for working on. In cases where there are no regulations, there are strong associations and well defined practices.
For high rise façade cleaning companies to carry out rope access operations safely, it is essential that they are clearly aware of the different requirements of various access situations, and to consider whether they are competent for a specific technique. Steps should be taken to ensure that any work equipment (eg. cleaning tools, buckets, squeegees etc) is properly secured and used safely. All items must be attached so they cannot fall, and large items should be suspended on an additional haul rope. Equipments should be inspected before each use and examined thoroughly by competent person in accordance with a specified schedule, normally at intervals no greater than six months. The provision of adequate emergency measures is of prime importance when carrying out these high rise façade cleaning. There should be a specific rescue plan for each worksite, with on-site practice if appropriate.
All kinds of businesses face the potential for retail theft, but small businesses are exceptionally vulnerable. Burglary and vandalism are on-going security concerns for retail and commercial premises. These tips can help you learn how to catch shoplifters and how to prevent shoplifting in retail.
1. The premises should remain well-illuminated after closing to ensure high visibility and increase the likelihood of intruders being noticed.
2. All lcks and safes should be to a high security quality with a regulated locking/unlocking system established and responsibility for their opening/closing clearly delegated.
3. Some roll-down grilles provide physical protection whilst still allowing window shoppers to see into the premises.
4. To eliminate blind spots in corners that shoplifters might use for hiding, make sure you install mirrors while making sure there's adequate lighting in all areas.
5. Shoplifting is more likely to occur where a store does not have an electronic tag system or security guards. Therefore, the presence of security systems or security guards is likely to deter opportunistic and rational shoplifters.
6. Only an optimum level of stock should be retained on the premises, and stock requirements and holding procedures reviewed regularly for security purposes.
7. The cash office of a retail outlet should be situated out of view from public areas and as far away as possible from entrances/exits.
- Make sure you have permission from emergency officers to get back inside your house.
- Clean and disinfect everything that got wet. Mud left from floodwater can contain sewage and chemicals.
- Be aware of areas where water has receded. Roadways may have weakened and could collapse.
- Stay away from downed power lines, and report them to the power company.
- Do not enter a building if it is still flooded or surrounded by floodwater.
- Keep all power and electrical appliance off until the house is cleaned up properly and electrician has inspected the system for safety. All electrical equipment should be checked and dried before being returned to service.
- Once flood waters have receded you must not live in your home until the water supply has been declared safe for use.
- Rodents may be a problem during and after a flood. Take care to secure all food supplies, and remove any animal carcasses in the vicinity by contacting your local animal control authorities.