Six major benefits can be achieved by motivating a guard force to perform well:
1. Improved levels of security
2. Greater understanding of expectations by guard force staff
3. Improved Key Performance Indicator metrics
4. Better retention of guard force staff and reduced absenteeism
5. Greater compliance with SOPs
6. Enhanced company reputation.
Motivation plays a critical role in achieving the goals and business objectives of any organization. The security guard’s work-related goals and values should be closely aligned with the vision and objectives of the company. When a high level of motivation is achieved it can lead to higher productivity, improved work quality and improved performance.