The issue of Lone Worker Safety & Security is becoming more wide reaching within every level of an organization. A safe working environment is a priority for employees. Nowadays, the technology evolution has increased the number of people who work alone either in outdoor or indoor conditions. Nowadays, the technology evolution has increased the number of people who work alone either in outdoor or indoor conditions. It makes more necessary than ever to build a robust framework to ensure maximum protection for all staff and especially for Lone Workers, as they are expected to work under heavy conditions and in most cases in remote areas.
In case the Lone Worker is not seen by other workers or a supervisor, nobody will perceive that he deals with an emergency in case there is one. It will be completely impossible to help the Lone Worker in case of an urgent state. Lone worker protection is a system put into place by an employer to protect their employees when they work alone. Check the 7 proven ways to come up with Lone Worker Risks and offer maximum protection to your Lone Workers:-
- IDENTIFY POTENTIAL RISKS AND HAZARDS (Environmental Risks and Social Risks),
- CONDUCT A LONE WORKER RISK ASSESSMENT,
- TRAIN LONE WORKERS AND SUPERVISORS,
- APPLY A LONE WORKING POLICY,
- ENCOURAGE COOPERATION BETWEEN LONE WORKERS AND MANAGING STAFF,
- TRY TO INVEST IN A LONE WORKER MONITORING SYSTEM,
- PROVIDE THE BEST EQUIPMENT TO LONE WORKERS.